"SHE IS CLOTHED WITH STRENGTH & DIGNITY, & SHE LAUGHS WITH NO FEAR OF THE FUTURE." -PROVERBS 31:25

Saturday, September 4, 2010

roadtrip to michigan

late thursday night, my dad, mom, and i hopped into the car and began our roadtrip to michigan. after about 6 hours of driving, we stopped in cambridge, ohio for a 3.5 hour nap at a hotel. the next morning, at 8:30am we were back on the road! our next stop: strongsville, ohio.

friday was actually the 61st wedding anniversary of my great uncle rey and aunt elda juengel. we had a chance to visit them at their home for a couple hours and it was so awesome to see them and what a true marriage built on love and faith looks like.

this is rey.

he hasn't changed a bit. :)

this is elda.

rey and elda with the rents.



this is rey's workshop. he still constructs beautiful things - including picnic tables, wooden crosses, and pretty much anything you ask him to build!



i have missed my uncle rey. and if you ask, he will tell you i am his favorite juengel. :)

soon enough, we were back on the road. next stop: michigan.

it was such a gorgeous day outside and the scenery along the way was amazing.



finally we arrived in michigan!



after the long drive, we needed some grub. the obvious choice: DQ.



i was stoked about my brownie batter blizzard mmmmm

on the way to visit relatives, we stopped by mom and dad's old house. this is actually the home where lauren and chris were raised - so cute.



and then we drove by nana and papa's old house.

finally, we met up with the carrs - uncle rick and aunt sharon. plus, my cousin heather, her husband jesse, and their adorable new baby son, carson.

carson is only 3 months old and he's already a detroit tigers fan!





i thoroughly enjoyed spending time with carson. what a cutie!





1 comment:

  1. Oh Caitlyn, I'm sorry to disappoint you but Rey told me I'm his favorite. Technically, I'll let you be it since you're still officially a Juengel. I've changed my name. I so wish I was there with all of you. Miss Rey & Elda and all my family. The pictures made up for it (just a little). Love you all.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete